Discover Indoor Rock Climbing is More Popular Than Ever
Have you noticed that indoor climbing is taking us on like a raging storm…everywhere I go I see rock climbing gyms…on college campuses, inside recreational stores, at fairs, and most mid to large towns now have a climbing gym.
I am just blown away by how many indoor climbing facilities are popping up all over the place.
Climbing indoors has such appeal because you can use a climbing gym to train year round no matter what the weather is and they offer the ability to learn to climb in a very controlled environment.
Not to mention competing in indoor climbing competitions Do you love competiting in rock climbing competitions?
Different Types of Indoor Climbing
Most climbing gyms provide bouldering, top roping, and lead climbing.
Some benefits of gym climbing
- Gyms are a great place for training year round especially during the off season in your climbing area. The holds and wall surfaces do a pretty good job at mimicking outside climbing.
- Indoor Climbing Gyms are a great place to meet new people and be involved in a climbing community
- Indoor rock climbing allows you to learn and become comfortable with climbing before heading out on real rock.
- You don’t need to have any experience with climbing to go to a climbing gym.
- Great for your physical fitness.
- Indoor climbing gyms are a great place to have birthday parties for your kids.
- Most of all climbing gyms are just a great place to kick back and have fun with your friends.
Do you love rock climbing, but don’t have a climbing gym near you? Have you thought about building a home wall?
Check out this article on how to build a home climbing wall.
Check out our Mountain Climbing Gear store for the BEST deals on climbing gear on the net.
- Boulderdash Indoor Rock Climbing
- Indoor Climbing Competitions
- Far North Climbing Gym
- Indoor Climbing Age Requirement
- Gritstone Rock Club
Tags: Fitness Gyms, Good Job, Home Climbing Wall, Indoor Climbing, Mimicking, Mountain Climbing Gear, Physical Fitness, Place To Meet New People, Raging Storm, Tallahassee Rock Gym, Wall Surfaces, Weather
This entry was posted on Saturday, September 4th, 2010 at and is filed under Climbing Competitions, Climbing Styles, Indoor Climbing Gyms. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.